Right now Victoria's breakfasts are fairly predictable.
2 eggo waffles with 1 tbsp melted butter
1 activia yogurt strawberry or blueberry with 1 tbsp heavy cream
1/2 - 1 c fruit - that's the biggest change up each day
It makes making breakfast very easy even if I'm half asleep. I like it. Not a lot of variety, but it's more than the year she ate instant grits every morning. Or the six months or so where she wanted oatmeal (not instant) every morning until she started asking for it, but then refused to eat it all the time.
First milk & snack - pringles chips are always the first choice for snack. Has been for the past 2 years. She'd have them everyday, twice a day if I let her.
Only on rare occasions does she eat a mid-day meal.
Dinner lately she has requested two things - pizza or rice. That's plain cheese pizza or plain white rice. She'd eat the rice truly plain if we let her. But we make sure there's butter and salt on that 'plain' rice. I hope this food rut doesn't last too long.
If I don't automatically agree to her demand/request for one or the other she'll tell me she's not eating. I gently remind her that she'll be a hungry little girl but she's welcome to eat what we eat. Oh what a slippery slope that is. Making sure she gets enough calories (2,100 - 2,700) and seeing she gets a balanced diet. With food jags, picky eating, food refusals, slow eating - her enzymes wear off if she takes too long, it just isn't easy.
She's not nearly as adventurous in food choices as when she was a young toddler. Many foods she used to like she doesn't anymore. *sigh* She will eat virtually any fruit you put in front of her. Though dragon fruit was too funny looking for more than a lick!
At bedtime, it's milk & snack time again. She knows she can't have chips so she'll say she's going to have a granola bar. I say okay and she then says she doesn't like granola bars and wants to have fruit. We sometimes negotiate for vegetables instead of fruit.
But other than meal times, everything is still well with Victoria. She's healthy. So far successfully avoiding the crud her Daddy has. He's pitiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment