Victoria's Victory

Victoria's Victory

Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy New Year!

My how the time flies!  Christmas came & went in a hurry.  Although we didn't get to go anywhere, we had a wonderful time at home.  The neighbors shared their fireworks on New Year's Eve.  Much better than our dinky little cars.  But the kids liked picking a car and stacking them before I lit them.  Victoria liked the bang snaps too.  She's really working on her arm! Perhaps over the summer she'll be ready for sparklers.

 Victoria and I support Josh Mogren's vision to get Moganko to meet the Muppets and create a public service announcement about cystic fibrosis.  Victoria loves the Moganko videos. Why don't you go like Moganko for Cystic Fibrosis Awareness page on facebook? It will just take a few seconds.





Victoria loves to wear fancy dresses.  And steal mommy's sunglasses. This blue one she got for Christmas. Thanks Mimi.  Victoria loves to hang out with Mama Nita - probably just a little less than Mama Nita loves to play with Victoria.


And I just love this picture of Papa Harley
LA's Totally Awesome - from the Dollar Tree has been working wonders to get everything out of these dresses.  From grease to black permanent marker on a cream satin dress!



It seems every day I was cleaning up Victoria's head or looking for a concussion.  This one she spun around and managed to smack the top of her head on the corner of my desk.  Head wounds bleed a lot - a mantra I had to keep reminding myself.  Before it was cleaned up it looked worse than it really was.





Another time she zonked out during chest therapy.


And one night she went to her bed without complaint and I soon found her asleep with her sleep mask on.



Victoria's cough is still a no show.  And she never did catch the crud I had over Christmas - Yay!  So far we're crediting the successful eradication of the cough to the flovent added to her routine.  Almost 6 months of coughing with very little down time.  I think this means she really does have asthma in addition to cystic fibrosis.  I'll confirm with the CF clinic next month. 

And we're finally pull-up free!  She had an accident the first two days of the year.  But I think she realized the having to clean up pee in her underwear was a lot more hassle than it was in pull-ups. I made her put the clothes in the washer, clean up the floor, and take a bath! She's had just one other accident since then.  I hope this success lasts!  It's about time!

Breathe deep     -    Fog up the glass     -     Draw a smiley face

No comments:

Post a Comment