Victoria & I spent the week helping out my friend's parents & grandparents. After her dad (Hap) had knee surgery last Friday. Who happen to be one of our babysitters of choice. ;-)
My job was really awesome. Victoria got to go with me. She loved playing with the 3 dogs and the 'alligator' - game with Hap. When we came home at night she'd talk about the Mommy Dog (yellow lab), Daddy Dog (Collie), and how they took care of the little puppy dog (Maltese). Nearly everything with her has to have a mommy & daddy or she'll make one up for them.
I got to borrow a big truck for transportation. I just had to do a little schlepping around town. I could sometimes nap on the job when everyone else was napping too. They fed me - if I cooked it. I did a little cooking & cleaning. I could watch TV. Hap even indulged Victoria in some cartoons.
I took Papa H & Victoria to the grocery store and got to grocery shop & not spend my money. We just had a little fright when Papa H got in the driver's seat & started the truck while I put the shopping cart away. Then I told him I'd drive us all home so he put it in neutral and the truck started rolling! Eeke, two frightening seconds later and it was all good.
I got to talk to Papa H & Mama N about things they remember. First refrigerators, when Papa H worked at IBM, and how bad we are at the crossword puzzle in the newspaper. Hap doubled our answers when he overheard us talking about it and chimed in from the other room.
They just adore Victoria and lit up every time they saw her.
Hubby was happy for my job this week which left him to rest with a quiet house - which was good for his headaches. Answers from Neurology week after next can't come soon enough.
I don't want to work outside the home all the time again. But this is one cushy job I don't mind at all.
Always something fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment